Forum - Je construis la Tour Eiffel
Bonjour et bienvenue,

Si vous aussi vous avez décidé de construire la Tour Eiffel, n’hésitez pas à vous inscrire pour accéder à plus de contenu, et pour pouvoir échanger avec nous sur cette belle reproduction.

Alors, à tout de suite, on vous attend !
Forum - Je construis la Tour Eiffel
Bonjour et bienvenue,

Si vous aussi vous avez décidé de construire la Tour Eiffel, n’hésitez pas à vous inscrire pour accéder à plus de contenu, et pour pouvoir échanger avec nous sur cette belle reproduction.

Alors, à tout de suite, on vous attend !
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

_New Member - An Englishman!

4 participants

_New Member - An Englishman! Empty _New Member - An Englishman!

Message par snapdragon Mer 6 Avr - 12:17

Hi to all on this Forum.

My real name is James, but on the internet I usually go under the name snapdragon.

I have been building models for just a little over 40 years and with my enforced retirement in 2010 due to heart problems (the story when told by me is horrifying, but hilarious) it is now my main pastime.

When I found out about the Eiffel Tower partwork it took me back many years to when I proposed to my late wife (she's no longer with us but has passed to a nicer place). It was a very happy time for me and I proposed to her in the Jules Verne restaurant at the top of the tower.

This international icon has a very special place in my heart and I would love to build this, but am finding it difficult to get hold of the issues as there is only one website that I can order from and they are continually sold out and to date have very few issues.

I would be very grateful if any member could help out with supplying me with this partwork. I can pay every two weeks and will pay full price plus postage via paypal.

I generally save up the issues until I have 25 or so before I start digging in and building. Sometimes I will save them until I have all the issues and then it's one concentrated build.

I do build quite a few partworks and at this moment in time have the Shelby Mustang and Walter Wolf Lambo in boxes. I also have to build up the Bismarck, Hood and Roma all in 1/200 scale and am making enquiries to get the Prinz Eugen.

I am a retired British Army officer and due to my bad heart, injuries and PTSD spend time either at my workbench or out and about on my Motorbike. I have found that my model building helps much keeping my PTSD well under the thumb and days out batting around Yorkshire on my Motorbike blows the cobwebs away.

Yes.. I am on lots of medication and my medical care is top notch.... because I have become interesting to Doctors! Even after 6 years I am still undecided if this is a good thing or not. I do give back by volunteering as a patient for medical students to examine and test their observational skills. This to me is a good day out, lots of fun and very educational for the students! Very Happy

When out and about on my Motorbike you will normally find me scaring sheep and cattle in the Yorkshire Dales, drinking coffee at a bikers café or at the east coast eating fish and chips out of the paper and paddling in the (very cold) North sea. Sometimes I will stay overnight and travel back the next day. That very much depends on what my heart tells me and so, besides my camera bag there is a basic overnight kit on my bike.

I hope this is a good introduction to me and that some kind person can help me to get hold of this partwork.

Hello to all

James
A.K.A. snapdragon

on my bench at the moment I am currently building Tamiyas 1/32 Moasquito FB VI and HKM 1/32 B-17 G, swapping between the two as my mood takes me.

snapdragon

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

_New Member - An Englishman! Empty Re: _New Member - An Englishman!

Message par ybert Jeu 7 Avr - 21:50

Hello snapdragon
Sorry and welcome …!
I can't help by that time, my bookseller keeps an only one copy of the Tour Eiffel (for me), but I think some sites like journaux.fr could provide you.
Please excuse my bad english …
I'm also with the 500 Shelby Mustang (Altaya).
Good luck.
Could you please explain me what's SSPT ?
Once again : welcome !!!

ybert

Message par snapdragon Jeu 7 Avr - 22:44

Thank You for the kind welcome.

Please forgive me for not writing in French. My French is very schoolboy French ("ou est le bar siv vous plait!) and I am not going to upset everyone by using google translate!

I do look every day on Journaux.Fr and they seem to sell out as soon as they come in. if there are any other sites I would be grateful for a link.

PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Many British Army soldiers suffer from this and after over 25 years of active service I am no different. There are many levels and mine is mostly under control with medication and it is very similar to various kinds of depression. With me it mainly affects my sleep and on occasions I get grumpy!

Once again, thanks for the kind welcome.

I am just getting into the Shelby Mustang and they are going into a big box!

snapdragon

Message par ybert Ven 8 Avr - 19:15

To James / snapdragon.
Sorry about your bad French, cause my English is not better !
If Journaux.fr can't afford you, I don't know any other place to find the Tour Eiffel (either for France or foreign parts), I will look for and tell you if I find some other way. I buy my parts at my next door bookseller, who keeps them for me every week, and I think being the only one in this store.
Thanks for PTSD explanations (I didn't knew that), so … good luck and stop to grumpiness, and smile !
About the Mustang, do you know that site (in French …) :
http://www.forum-auto.com/automobile-pratique/modelisme-modeles-reduits/sujet13101-5075.htm
Kind regards.

ybert

Message par jbapt Sam 9 Avr - 15:30

Bienvenue cheers

un anglais parmi nous, le forum devient international.....

jbapt

Message par Bunta Sam 16 Avr - 6:32

Hi welcome on board.
Bunta
Bunta

http://tirarmepassion.forumactif.org/

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé